I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m not big on breakfast. However, this year I’m trying to get better about getting in the first meal of the day. The other day I whipped up this easy breakfast bake that I had to share!
I must say that I didn’t have any shredded cheese in the house (and I was not venturing out in the snow), so I used some ricotta cheese that I had in the refrigerator. It was sooo good! If you’d rather use shredded cheddar cheese, feel free to substitute it in.
– 5 eggs
– 1/4 cup almond milk
– 8 oz frozen diced hash brown potatoes
– 5 turkey bacon strips
– 4 chicken Apple sausage links
– 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1) Add 2 tsp of oil in a skillet pan + cook diced hash browns, as directed. Set aside.
2) Cook turkey bacon + chicken Apple sausage until done. Cool, then chop turkey bacon + sausage into small pieces.
3) Whisk 5 eggs + almond milk in a bowl.
4) Grab a baking dish + spray with olive oil or grease bottom. Spread diced hash browns to cover the bottom of the dish.
5) Pour egg mixture over the hash browns + add breakfast meat on top (spreading over the entire pan).
6) Use a spoon (or your hands) to take clumps of the ricotta cheese + spread over dish.
7) Set oven to 350 degrees + bake for 20-25 minutes.