Tuesdays are considered ‘Taco Tuesdays’ in my household. It’s always easier to prepare meals when I create themed nights, because sometimes I get stumped on what to cook. Plus it’s a bonding activity my boyfriend and I can do together, which is always fun.
Today I whipped up some Lobster + Shrimp Tacos for lunch and they were so delicious that I just had to share the recipe!
+ 2 lobster tails (de-shelled + chopped)
+ 1/2 lb raw shrimp (deveined + chopped)
+ 1/2 red onion (chopped)
+ 1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
+ 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
+ 1 tomato (chopped)
+ 1 romaine heart (chopped)
+ 6-10 tortilla shells
+ 1 tsp olive oil
Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream
+ 3-5 sprigs of cilantro, chopped
+ 1/2 cup fat free sour cream (or sour cream of your choice)
+ 1 tbsp lime juice
1) In a large skillet add olive oil + let it heat up over a medium fire.
2) Add lobster + shrimp and sauté.
3) Add in the red onions and green + red bell peppers. Cook through + remove from heat.
4) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Add taco shells + let them warm.
5) Remove shells from oven + begin stuffing with lettuce, tomato, lobster, shrimp + peppers.
6) Whisk together all of the ingredients for the cilantro-lime sour cream in a bowl.
7) Top tacos with the cilantro-lime sour cream mixture.
8) Serve + enjoy!
Here is my finished product:
Be sure to check back for more simple + easy recipes!