The weather is finally breaking! Let’s all pause + have a dance break to celebrate!
Are you dancing?
Ok good. Winter is on its way out, which has me thinking of warmer temps, beaches + vacation! In honor of this, today’s ‘Happy Hour at Home’ drink recipe is one of my favorite shots that I had while vacationing in Jamaica a few years ago. It’s called a Bob Marley shot.
+ ½ oz grenadine
+ ½ oz banana liqueur
+ ¼ oz creme de menthe
+ ½ oz Bacardi 151 rum
1) Grab a 2 oz shot glass.
2) Pour 1/2 oz of grenadine on the bottom layer of the glass.
3) For the second layer, pour 1/2 oz of banana liqueur over the back of a spoon. This will separate the colors and build your layers.
4) For the last layer, mix together 1/4 oz each of creme de menthe and Bacardi 151 rum. You will still have 1/4 oz of Barcadi 151 rum left over.
5) Pour the creme de menthe and Bacardi 151 rum mixture on top, leaving a little room for that last bit of Bacardi 151.
6) Layer the last ¼ oz of Bacardi 151 rum on top.
7) Cheers with your friends + enjoy!
Carefully light the top layer to make your Bob Marley Shot a flaming drink. However, be very careful as Bacardi 151 can be very flammable.
Me enjoying a Bob Marley shot in Jamaica w/ a local!